Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), Purdue University, and the University of Tokyo are seeking research papers featuring sound theoretical backgrounds, quantitative analysis, case studies, and policy insights for possible inclusion in a special issue of the journal Environment and Planning B: Urban Analytics and City Science. Topics may include, but not limited to:
- Measuring economic impacts of urban resilience projects
- New theories of socio-technical resilience
- Empirical analysis of recovery and resilience using big data sources
- Modeling the recovery of socio-physical systems after shocks
- Multiplier effect of positive shocks
- Big data analytics for resilience to environmental and financial shocks
- Macroscopic displacement and migration modeling after shocks
- Financial challenges for development of urban resilience projects
- Case studies of socio-technical resilience
Contributors should submit their full papers in English to Dr KE Seetha Ram at email@example.com(link sends e-mail) by 31 January 2020.
Contributors should clearly indicate that the paper is submitted to Special Issue on “Resilience of Cities to External Shocks: Analysis, Modeling and Economic Impacts.” All papers should adhere to the “Guidelines for Authors” of Environment and Planning B.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to the paper development workshop to be held at ADBI in Tokyo. ADBI will provide travel support to one author per paper—the author must be a citizen of an ADB member country.
- Satish V. Ukkusuri(link sends e-mail), Lyles School of Civil Engineering, Purdue University
- KE Seetha Ram(link sends e-mail), Senior Consulting Specialist for Capacity Building and Training Projects, Asian Development Bank Institute
- Peter Morgan(link sends e-mail), Senior Consulting Economist, Vice Chair, Asian Development Bank Institute
- Ryosuke Shibasaki(link sends e-mail), Center for Spatial Information Science, University of Tokyo
- Yoshihide Sekimoto(link sends e-mail), Department of Civil Engineering, University of Tokyo
- Satoshi Miyazawa(link sends e-mail), Capacity Building and Training Department, Asian Development Bank Institute